During the last decade , the communication sector have profited of important equipping program consented to impulse a new dynamic in the sector, taking into account recent national socio-economic mutations , of regional and international environment and of technological advancement . This effort was ended in a significant expansion, whether on the organisational plan, or on the quantitative and qualitative development level.
Through this program, the communication sector tends to concretise the following major axes:
Concerning radio broadcasting:
- Reinforcing production tools of Radio programs, by orienting investment towards digital technologies.
- Reinforcing infrastructures.
- Setting the map of local radios implantation.
- Radio programs diversification and development.
- Creating thematic radio channels.
- Carrying out headquarters and acquiring equipments for the international radio service.
- Reinforcing production tools of television programs, by orienting investment towards digital technologies.
- Carrying out and equipping the television house.
- Creating thematic television channels.
- The diversification and development of television programs
- Carrying out / or arranging television regional centres.
Concerning television broadcasting:
- Enlarging and improving television and radio programs coverage throughout the national territory.
- Developing the broadcasting network and the radio and television programs destined to the outside.
- Carrying out of the terrestrial digital television ( télévision numérique terrestre TNT)
- Developing and reinforcing safety means to protect the patrimony.
Concerning the print media:
- Concretising the citizen’s right to be informed.
- Modernizing means and activities of the press national agency
In a relating subject, the action of the communication sector ended in:
- Finalizing the implantation / completion map of local radios and this by establishing one local radio station for every province.
- Launching the international radio service.
- Establishing two television channels, one in Tamazight and another Koranic.
- Improving and extending the coverage of national network in radio programs.
The terrestrial radio broadcasting is based on two supports:
- Amplitude Modulation ( medium waves , long waves and short waves )
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
In this framework, two broadcasting centres were carried out, equipments of principal radio FM broadcasting stations were renewed, and also the acquisition, the installation and the launching of broadcasting and rebroadcasting stations deployed all around the national territory ,in order to diffuse different radio programs , namely : CHI,CHII,CHIII,JIL FM, Radio Koran ,Radio Culture, Radio Algérie Internationale and other different local radios(48) .
The communication sector, in parallel, has undertaken the renewing of equipments of broadcasting centres (short, medium and long waves).
The radio coverage can also be done by the AM support , whether simultaneously or by completing the FM broadcasting to improve the coverage.
- Carrying out the terrestrial digital television (TNT).
The terrestrial digital television(TNT) is a mode of terrestrial television broadcasting, in which video ,audio, data signals are digitalized then organized in a unique flux (the multiplex) , before they are broadcasted via electromagnetic waves .
In the framework, of establishing the terrestrial digital television network (TNT), the Regional Radiocommunication Conference of Geneva 2006 has granted from 06 to 08 multiplex for each broadcasting site, every multiplex allows to broadcast from 06 to 08 television channel and this , in respecting of dates technically granted by the radiocommunication conference to shift from the analogical broadcasting into the digital one , namely for VHF and UHF (for Europe) , and 2015 for UHF and 2020 for VHF (for Africa and Middle East).
This conference endowed Algeria 2074 frequencies, 439 frequencies for the digital radio (T-DAB) in VHF, 177 frequencies for the digital television (DVB-T) in VHF AND 1458 in UHF.
Stopping the analogical broadcasting and shifting all into the digital due dates is an inevitable decision, whish is imposed on all the States, knowing that they will not be disposed of any right of protection if they don’t follow recommendations of the International Union of Telecommunications for digitalizing the television terrestrial broadcasting .
The establishment of TNT networks is being the subject of some operations enter in the frameworks of investments programs 2005-2009 and 2010-2014 within an amount of sixteen billion , seven- hundred thirty million, two hundred and one thousand dinars (16 730 201 000, 00) .
From 2010 until this day , TDA has deployed 80 broadcaster TNT (DVBT MPEG2) , broadcasting EPTV programs ( programme national , Canal Algérie ,A3 , TV4 (Tamazight ) and TV5 ( Koranic channel ).